We have heard of CP, Saket and DLF Vasant Kunj and we have have visited them mighty often. But there are some places in Delhi that have a distinct flavor of their own and you won’t realize what I am talking about unless you go there. Be it expensive shops of Khan Market or the narrow lanes of Satyaniketan they each promise to their patrons and experience you cannot forget. Let us explore some markets of saadi Dilli which we must pay a visit to.
- Satyaniketan Situated on the borderline of the Gem of south campus “Venki” aka Sri Venkateshwar College, Satya Niketan boasts of some hippest and coolest cafes at a wallet loving prices. BYD, Cafetria & Co, Espressoville are Satyaniketan ki shaan, and the prices are a steal. There is a café at every turn and you will see all the DU birds flocking to them, bunking classes and chilling on the streets. In evening the place looks beauteous under the effect of lovely lambert lights from the café. The exclusivity of Satya is maintained by the fact that it is not metro connected.
- GTB Nagar, Hudson Lane I liketo call it Satya’s North Campus sister. The Hudson is abundantly decked with amazing and cool cafes and just like it’s South counterpart, Satyaniketan. As Satya is to South Campus, GTB, Hudson Lane is to North Campus. This adda of DUites welcomes anyone with open arms. An Engineer must visit this place to gain some perspective. The crowd is so vibrant and lively. I did my engineering from some dull place in NCR and a visit to Hudson was a revelation to me. I had no idea that such beautiful cafes were thriving right in the heart of Delhi and not being from DU had deprived me of such joys. Visit for amazing food at cheap prices.
- Khan Market India’s most expensive market (for rental purposes) is also the uber classy market of Delhi. You will see the cream of the crowd sauntering and chilling in this market. You will find the quaintest and costliest lounges here but this place has a splendid feel, especially in evenings. If you are loaded and a spendthrift than this place is ideal for you. If not, yet this place deserves an honorary mention and an honorary visit. When you are here stop by in Big Chill, Soda Bottle Openerwala or Townhall. Each will give you a unique experience I assure.
- Hauz Khas Villiage If you haven’t been here yet, you don’t know what you are missing in life. The beautiful deer park along with the lake, for joggers, lovers and Hippies alike is so resplendent in its calmness and beauty. The graceful and sedate fort gives an even prettier view of the lake and all the terrific lounges of HKV are an attraction you can’t afford to miss. Singular in its charm HKV is a place that will keep pulling you towards itself. Temperatures here are few degrees lower than other parts of Delhi and whenever the weather is cloudy and windy this place turns into a paradise. You will find everything, soulful music, good food, great coffee, great intoxicants and lovely vibes.
- Rajouri Garden Yeah it’s bustling and busy and crowded. No chic cafes or rip-off bars here but that is the charm of Rajouri. It’s party and dining circuit is fun-filled and you enjoy the best of Delhi pub-hopping at a much cheaper price that at Connaught Place, Saket and G.K. Cheap booze and cheap yet tasty snacks are a sanctuary for Delhi Youth. Rajouri offers the bombastic feel to Delhites. Go for a loud and garish but fun-o-frolic experience.