It is said that loves knows no boundaries. When a person falls in love it becomes difficult for him to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong. In India especially the division of Muslims and Hindus has caused many hearts to break. However, there are still some people who had the courage to stand up and fight for their love. Let us have a look at 7 of them.
In India marriage has always been an event which never happens on impulse. One factor that never gets approval from most parents is an inter-religion marriage especially if it involves a Hindu Muslim couple. However there are still some people who despite this divide managed to break it and fulfil their wish of getting married. Let us read about 7 such Hindu Muslim couples.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Chibber– She was a Punjabi girl staying in Delhi when she first met Shahrukh. This was when he did not even know what stardom was. Meeting her at a party he asked her for a dance to which she obliged. But she refused to give her number as she knew what could happen. They started dating despite protests from her parents and brother. Both of them, however, stayed firm on their decision and finally got married in 1991.
- Nargis and Sunil Dutt– On the sets of Mother India Nargis first met with Sunil Dutt. He was impressed by her nature and pretty soon fell in love. When fire broke out on the sets of the Movie Sunil jumped inside to rescue her suffering some burns. He was admitted to a hospital where Nargis used to visit him every day. He proposed marriage and she said yes. There was mass criticism as this was the first celebrity Hindu – Muslim marriage.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan– When Kareena and Saif fell in love and decided to get married the whole universe conspired to keep them apart. When their marriage was fixed in 2009 not only the society raised issues but Kareena’s astrologer sent a letter to the Kapoor’s that the marriage is unlucky. Next, all efforts were taken to again persuade them to agree to the alliance. Finally, despite much opposition, they both married and are too much in love till now.
- Kiran Rao and Aamir Khan– After being in a happy relationship with his wife Reena Dutta they both filed for divorce which left Aamir in depression. On the sets of Lagaan and then Dil Chahta Hai Aamir first got to know Kiran Rao. The two became good friends and soon started dating. Kiran realized she was in love but Aamir was a little skeptical. However, they both took the plunge and their relationship is strong as a rock.
- Ratna Pathak and Naseeruddin Shah– Back in 1975 they worked together in a play named “Sambhog se Sanyaas Tak”after which they got involved in their own lives. But cupid struck when Ratna helped Naseer come out from the depression arising out of his divorce. Society was against however both of them fought back and went for a secret marriage with only a few friends invited.
- Sarah and Sachin Pilot– He met her when he was doing is college abroad and they fell in love. Sarah’s father is the famous politician Farooq Abdullah who did not approve of the alliance. The couple though forgot all ties and got married to each other despite protest. Finally, the family relented and approved and now they are living happily.
- Tina Dhabi and Athar-Aamir-Ul-Shafi Khan-While Tina topped the IAS that year Athar was a close second. After the result, they met and Athar knew he was in love. There was widespread outrage however they both listened to their heart and got married. Massive protests happened and they got some really mean comments on their social media pages but that did not deter them from staying happy and together.
Love conquers the toughest of hurdles and comes out victorious. Do you think there is any other celeb who should be a part of this list? Let us know your opinion on the same.