Much ink has already been spilled upon this topic and my fingers would ache if I include each and every detail in life as the list is limitless. Yet in my attempt I want to do justice to this issue which we all are facing and add a freshness to our perspective.
There are so many things in life that are unimportant and we are wasting our time in pursuit of those things. It’s not our fault, we don’t even clearly realize that the things we are deeply devoting our time to is actually hindering us from productivity and achievements. There must be 1000 things that are extremely unimportant but the article has been made crisp to bring attention to those details that hinder us from success. They are stated below.
- Latching yourself onto the outcome- Yeah this one! Practice mastery over detachment from consequences. That’s when miracles happen and we learn to appreciate the journey. Attachment to result is many times a hiccup to accomplishments.
- Being a Somebody in a Virtual domain of gaming. Dude, I am a pro at Minimilitia, Clash of Clans, Subway surfers, Candy Crush, PokemonGo blah blah. You name it and I play it. This will end you up as a couch potato and you will loose your edge in the real game of life. Real life games are unlike Minimilitia and Assasin’s Creed and you only arrive in life by playing them and achieving high levels in them.
- To seek validation from Everyman in order to cover up your insecurities and feel superior about yourselves. Big No! Step out of your comfort zone, dare to achieve something outrageously phenomenal. Leave the kind of trail that is worth following. Be a pioneer so that you earn your validation. Don’t seek it from every other Tom Dick and Harry.
- Regrets. Nursing regrets about the choices we made in the past is a royal mind-fuck. Be it relationship gone sour, or an unsuccessful career path, a wrong investment, misplaced trust or any other choice that backfired upon us should not become a cause of regret. Our mistakes are essential in shaping our personalities and inner strength. Take them in stride and move on to the next level of life.
- Comparison of yourself to those around you on Baseless grounds- No two snowflakes are alike and no two people have the same set of situation and temperament. Such comparisons are regressive and dispiriting.
- Holding onto the past- Remember the snippet from HIMYM? Goes like this… “And kids you can’t hold onto the past because no matter how tightly you hold it’s already gone.” Take a cue and Let go. Period! Holding onto past will only regress your progress and stop you from moving ahead. You need to release yourself from the clutches of your past to make a significant comeback.
- Overthinking – Ouch you will get the Yips.
“There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so.” – Hamlet
Many great people have brought upon their own doom by overthinking, then how will the lesser mortals cope?