You have been in a new relationship for quite some time now. You have gone out for a couple of dates with her and had a good time. There is something in your heart that you just can’t figure out yet. It is something more than the feeling of passion, it is something different than sex, and it is something special that you feel about her. You are not sure if you love or lust for her though and are very confused.
Is it okay to call it love? Does it mean you are in a relationship that is going to sustain forever? Or is it simply lust? Well, it is really hard to jump to the conclusion. You need some time to think about it, and you need to understand a few things to know about it. Here are some points to help you figure if you Love or Lust for her.
So, do you love or lust for her?
Certainly, it is one of the toughest things to identify. Why? Because experts call lust a “common cognitive distortion”; a blend of emotions which is impossible to analyze! At every stage of the relationship, you are lost. Physical attraction (and hot and steamy sessions of sex) is the common factor. However, there is a thin line to determine if you love or lust for her. Lust is primarily driven by the physical impulses where as love is more of an emotional aspect.
Here are some signs of Lust:
- You only care about her looks and body.
- You do not discuss feeling and emotions with her.
- You rather have sex with her than have a conversation.
- You would want to just have sex and then leave immediately.
- You guys have sex but are not friends.
- Her friends or family mean nothing to you.
To take a leap from lust to love, you need to realize the moment when the sphere of emotions gets enlarged and goes beyond just physical intimacy.
Here are some signs that you are in love.
- Does she motivate you?
- Do you feel grateful to have her as your partner?
- Does she stand apart from others while determining priorities?
- Have you started caring about her?
- Do you go out of your way to keep her happy?
- Does talking & being with her make you happy?
- Are you able to see the inner beauty in her?
- Do you see a future with her?
- Do you want to meet her family & friends?
If all the answers are affirmative, then your relationship is much beyond lust. Yes, you are in love! Love has more blooming colors than just the shades of grey of lust and is very visible to everyone around you. Love is an instinct and will hit you without any warning and will leave you with a feeling of warmth and blissful happiness.
Do tell us in the comments section what it felt like when you fell in love for the first time.